Monday, July 9, 2007

Bible Blog: Proverbs 7 - July 9, 2007

Today I'm not picking apart the text, I'm not trying to make sense of anything... today is a confession... one inspired by this passage, but it was my honest reaction to it when I read it, so I am sharing it with you...

I've been tempted by the "adulteress", drawn in by her deceit and bold attempts to turn me from God. I have given in to her temptation more than I want to admit is possible, yet it left me lonely, empty, and guilt ridden... for those who have read my other post today, a peek inside me... yes, that stemmed from this mistake I made, even if I'm not getting into specifics online.

Lord, keep me strong when I face temptation, help me to know in the moment how to fight it so I don't feel destroyed by succumbing to the pressure I feel.

No comments: