Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Okay, so it's a few days late, but no one else is noticing this milestone in my life so I have to notice it myself!

On September 1, 2005, my life was drastically changed. I had gastric bypass surgery. I went into the hospital weighing 365 lbs and today I weigh 175-180 lbs (not sure if I really regained that last 5 or if it's just from the medications yet). Approximately 20-30 of those pounds are from extra skin on my body, and now that I've hit the 2 year mark, I am "clear" to explore skin removal possibilities. I know that there will be tremendous health benefits if I have the skin removed, but there is also the psychological benefit to think about. I don't like looking in a mirror after a shower and seeing traces of who I used to be...

That reminds me of my other huge transformation, becoming a Christian in April 2006. I died with Christ, and He lives in me... but I'm still holding on to remnants of my past. Physically, I want to shed anything that reminds me of my unhealthy past, so why spiritually am I clinging to old behaviors and patterns that are ultimately destructive to my well being and growth as a child of God? Inside & outside, physically & spiritually, I am a different person than I was 2 years ago. I think it's time I shed the skin from my past and moved forward into a completely free and new life.

Hugs & Love

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your metaphors. I'm thinking along similar lines myself lately. I've always struggled with keeping my weight down. I'm trying to deal with the whys, and hows of letting it go. I'm tired of carrying around the extra baggage from who I was before I was saved. I don't know if it's a problem because I'm doubting myself, or God's abilities to make it happen...but I'm working on it!

Snoyarc said...

Thanks Wendy,

I'm always here if you need to talk!

Hugs & Love

David said...

I am sure that you will continue to make strides in your life. We are beckoned to follow him into Joy.

Snoyarc said...

Okay David, where's your normal goofiness and wit?

Hugs & Love