Monday, June 2, 2008

Bible Blog: Psalm 3 - May 31, 2008

Psalm 3: 1-8 (GNB)

“I have so many enemies, LORD, so many who turn against me!
“They talk about me and say, "God will not help him."
“But you, O LORD, are always my shield from danger; you give me victory and restore my courage.
“I call to the LORD for help, and from his sacred hill he answers me.
“I lie down and sleep, and all night long the LORD protects me.
“I am not afraid of the thousands of enemies who surround me on every side.
“Come, LORD! Save me, my God! You punish all my enemies and leave them powerless to harm me.
“Victory comes from the LORD --- may he bless his people.”

There is so much comfort in this passage! Who among us hasn’t at some time drooped our shoulders and muttered words like “why me?” or “what now?” So many things in life seem to conspire against us, day after day, but through it all, the Lord is good! To see David going through the same type of sentiment, the “what now?” attitude and still turning to God for comfort and trusting that all he needs will be provided is the most encouraging thing I think I could read. Just read over the words for each verse, and remember all the ways God has helped you in these ways… He has protected you from danger, given you a victory, restored your courage, and answered your call for help… I could give countless examples from my own life, but they are not what is important, what’s important is that you know how God does this in your life… I hope you’ll think about it and thank Him for it today.

Hugs & Love

No comments: