Thursday, May 29, 2008

Poetry

Did you know that a poet opens his or her mind and heart to provide us with a lyrical and almost tangible account of that person’s inner struggles and desires? The Psalms of the Bible aren’t any different in that aspect. Where they differ is that they illustrate an intimacy with our Savior, the open, honest, free communication that is available to any who call on Him. Isn’t it wonderful? We are free to call upon the most important and powerful being ever to exist with the mundane (toe stubbing, hang nail, split ends) to the problematic (disciplinary issues with children, unemployment) to the emotional (loneliness, depression, joy) to rejoicing (praises, songs of worship, promotions) and anything else we might want to talk with Him about. He wants more than you’d give your best friend on earth, He wants EVERYTHING!

It is my hope that during my journey through the Psalms I will feel comforted, encouraged, but above all, that I develop a deep and intimate knowledge of my Savior, a closeness that I’ve never before known that will remain with me until I meet Him. I also hope that whoever reads my accounts of the Psalms will get from it whatever God intends. Above all, I want to be His servant and do His will.

Hugs & Love

1 comment:

David Hynes said...

Don't forget that the Bible also mentions that David was a prophet, and so many of the Psalms are prophetic as well.