Tuesday, May 13, 2008

God will take care of you...

Some background info: I lost my job. I'm not going to get into the story, I'm working on the next chapter of my life right now.

Well, I'm sitting here, starting to wonder which bills to pay, which to hold off on paying, the normal monthly financial situation but with the knowledge that there will not be another paycheck coming in 2 weeks. I start feeling my anxiety level rising, my blood starts pounding, and I pray... yes, I prayed. I asked God to help me through this and His answer? The lyrics (and melody) "God will take care of you, through every day, o'er all the way, He will take care of you, God will take care of you." How wonderful is it to hear the voice of God just by being open to Him?

I know many don't believe God can or will talk with us, but He does, every day, if we take the time to listen. It won't always be as obvious as this situation, and in other cases it will be even MORE obvious, but that still small voice inside of me is my connection to my Savior and I want to listen to it every time it speaks to me. Hope you have moments like this with God, they are wonderful!

Hugs & love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. -MLJ